Thread: Review of Skin Deep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Review of Skin Deep

I cannot recommend this class enough! When scrolling though social media, I always knew it was Summerís images because of the emotion captured in her images as well as her perfect skin tones. I mean PERFECT! I was super excited when I found she was going to teach a class. I honestly think everyone should take this class, she had such a great teaching style, not to mention how much she went above and beyond to help everyone too. The class was packed with great videos, materials and examples. I learn so much in such a short time and I actually need to review the materials again to soak up some more! Seriously, you need this class!

Thank you so so so much Summer!

2. Likes nadeen_1030 liked this post

Name
    Summer Cates
    Camera
    Nikon D750
    Lenses
    Nikkor 50 1.4 Nikkor 105 2.8 Sigma 24 1.8
    Editing On
    PC
    Editing With
    Lightroom, Photoshop CC
    Calibrated
    YES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    You're such an inspiration to me, @iklotzer Thank YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by iklotzer View Post
    I cannot recommend this class enough! When scrolling though social media, I always knew it was Summer’s images because of the emotion captured in her images as well as her perfect skin tones. I mean PERFECT! I was super excited when I found she was going to teach a class. I honestly think everyone should take this class, she had such a great teaching style, not to mention how much she went above and beyond to help everyone too. The class was packed with great videos, materials and examples. I learn so much in such a short time and I actually need to review the materials again to soak up some more! Seriously, you need this class!

Thank you so so so much Summer!

Gold Fish
    Name
    Stephanie Mason
    Camera
    Canon Mark iii, Canon 6D
    Lenses
    Sigma 35mm Art, Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon, Canon 100mm Macro, Canon 135mm f2
    Editing On
    Mac
    Editing With
    ACR & PS
    Calibrated
    Yes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Summer's Skin Deep class was a complete eye-opener and game changer for me. She had so much patience with my million questions and really walked me through what needed to be done step by step. After learning her amazing techniques to perfect skin, I was completely shocked (and slightly embarrassed) at the difference in my photos. She even helped me with images that I almost gave up on. The skills I've learned in this class will forever be apart of my workflow. For all of this, I couldn't recommend her class enough!

Name
    Summer Cates
    Camera
    Nikon D750
    Lenses
    Editing On
    PC
    Editing With
    Lightroom, Photoshop CC
    Calibrated
    YES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    You are so amazing @stephanie and such a hard worker! Can't wait to see what you will do next!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Summer's Skin Deep class was a complete eye-opener and game changer for me. She had so much patience with my million questions and really walked me through what needed to be done step by step. After learning her amazing techniques to perfect skin, I was completely shocked (and slightly embarrassed) at the difference in my photos. She even helped me with images that I almost gave up on. The skills I've learned in this class will forever be apart of my workflow. For all of this, I couldn't recommend her class enough!

Name
    Susan
    Camera
    Canon EOS 5d Mark iii
    Lenses
    70-200, 24-70, 100 macro 50 1.4, 24-105
    Editing On
    PC
    Editing With
    Lightroom, PS CC, Portraiture
    Calibrated
    Yes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I love Summer's Skin Deep class! I learned so much in such a short time! Summer is a great teacher! She's so helpful and encouraging! I especially loved the one-on-one time we had together! I don't have to wonder if I have skin tones accurate anymore. I've got it because of Summer! This class has helped raise my confidence in the work I'm producing! Thank you so much Summer!

Name
    Summer Cates
    Camera
    Nikon D750
    Lenses
    Editing On
    PC
    Editing With
    Lightroom, Photoshop CC
    Calibrated
    YES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I enjoyed having you in class! I can't wait to see what you do next!
    Quote Originally Posted by susanb1 View Post
    I love Summer's Skin Deep class! I learned so much in such a short time! Summer is a great teacher! She's so helpful and encouraging! I especially loved the one-on-one time we had together! I don't have to wonder if I have skin tones accurate anymore. I've got it because of Summer! This class has helped raise my confidence in the work I'm producing! Thank you so much Summer!

8. User List thanked for this Post

susanb1
      like this

Name
    Michelle
    Camera
    Canon 6D
    Lenses
    Canon 85mm (1.2), Canon 24-70mm,(2.8) Canon 70-200 (2.8), Canon 50mm (1.4), Sigma 35mm (1.4)
    Editing On
    Mac
    Editing With
    LR/CS4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I've taken several online courses for various skills but this one certainly stands out from the rest.
    I have never taken a course where I felt SO much like a beginner - in a good way!
    The various forms of resources taught me photography skills and techniques I had never even heard of or considered. After the first week, I already saw an improvement in my skin tones and white balance; my post processing sped up significantly.
    Summer is an amazing teacher; she has really taken the time to provide elaborate step by step instructions and videos, and she is always available to answer your questions and give you a boost.

My only regret was not clearing my scheduled to focus more on the class to really benefit from all its wisdom.
    But my learning doesn't stop here; I will continue to practice and improve thanks to this class.

Thanks Summer!

Camera
    Canon 5D miii
    Lenses
    24-105 | 100 macro | 70-200 | LB Sweet 35 | 16-35
    Editing On
    Mac
    Editing With
    LR, PS
    Calibrated
    yes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I need this class! @summercates Do you know when you'll offer it again?